History of our School
Kington St Michael village (population approximately 700) is situated three miles from the market town of Chippenham and two miles from the M4 junction 17. The village has a church, shop and public house and is in a farming area. The school has grown significantly over the past three years and now has 126 pupils on roll from the village of Kington St Michael and from the north side of Chippenham. The school enjoys close links with the church and the wider community.
The original school was in 1869 and was housed in the Church Hall. The new school, on its current site, was built in the late 1970’s. The school building is situated at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac of housing and is surrounded on two of its boundaries by open farmland. The school is divided into five permanent classes (five in the mornings), two of which are housed in a modern mobile classroom. There is a multi-purpose hall, areas for group teaching and extensive playing fields and play area.
Further developments continue to improve the school with a nature area, wild flower garden, class gardens, greenhouse, new classroom extension, playtrail and separate Early Years and Year 1 Outdoor classrooms.